Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm back...

Since Alex at the wonderful TheFrontSteps.com has gone back to his main blog, and while TheFrontSteps.org (a concept I think is brilliant) awaits the changes neccesary to become a more useful site from a blogging perspective, I have decided to restart the engines here.

To bring everyone up to speed: I'm a potential buyer with a family in tow. I'm currently preapproved for a loan that would allow me to purchase a median priced home in San Francisco (~$800k), which I guess puts me in the top 12% of income for the city. The problem for me is I can't really afford either the downpayment (I'm aiming for 10%) or the monthly nut on a median priced home, so I'm focused on homes that are priced less then the median price, hence the name of the blog: submedian.

I would ideally like to find a reasonably priced 3br 2ba SFH with a yard, so if any realtors have any pocket listings out there they want to run by me, I'm all ears.

This isn't my main gig, so postings, if they happen, will likely be on Sunday mornings. Like today. And right on schedule I have a post coming up momentarily...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a brilliant idea isn't it (tfs.org, that is)? I think it will work better as a social network, rather than a blog. I'll keep pumping it. So feel free to do ANYTHING sf related over there. Your snark comments rock!

Anonymous said...

What is your rough income? 10% down with a 730,000 mortgage is not that great. I would just wait. You can try outer sunset/richmond, excelsior etc.